Connection refused

Currently reading
Connection refused

NAS
DS918+
Hi,

I'm trying to install an NKN miner on my Synology.
For that I follow the instructions from here.

One of the steps is to run "./nknd --web-gui-create-wallet", which I do from terminal on my Macbook, while ssh'ed into my Synology.
Now I need to connect to that web interface, which I cannot.

Imagine the IP of my Synology is 192.168.1.20, I try to connect to "http://192.168.1.20:30000/web", which fails.

I try a "curl 192.168.1.20:30000", which gives a "Connection refused".
Doing "curl 192.168.1.20:80" works just fine.

Tried open up all port via the Firewall profile, or even switching of the Firewall. Connection remains refused.

Any ideas?

Regards,
—Roger

Couldn't you run a Linux container in Docker and then install it in there? Seems brave installing this on the bare DSM.

A docker installation was the idea from the beginning (I have already running something else).
As it turns out, I was following the wrong installation procedure. Meanwhile found the "docker" one, and it runs fine.

Thanks for the tip ;-).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.