Connexion Error when I try to access a remote computer with RDP using Guacamole.

Currently reading
Connexion Error when I try to access a remote computer with RDP using Guacamole.

NAS
DS1517+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I installed Guacamole on my NAS using Docker. My goal is to be able to access remotly to some servers and PC trough the local network or VPN. No problems to install Guacamole or to configure it.

I made a test to acess a windows PC with RPD protocol and I receive the following message :

“CONNECTION ERRROR - The remote desktop server is currently unreachable, If the problem persists, please notify your system admin”

When I use "Remote Desktop" provided by windows, I'm able to access the remote computer locally and trough the VPN. It works perfectly.

I don't have any problems to acces Guacamole interface trough the VPN or locally, but can't access remote computers.

I tried with VNC too and Guacamole can't reach the computer. VNC server used : Tight VNC.

Do you have any idea what could go wrong ?

I'll give you more info in an other post.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Attachments

• 5667fe26178dc_erreurguacd.jpg.bf8165f6eff49dbbc958f099c02ef09e.jpg
    5667fe26178dc_erreurguacd.jpg.bf8165f6eff49dbbc958f099c02ef09e.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 82
I'm using DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 3 with the latest versions of docker and Guacamole.

The PC I'm trying to acces is a windows 10 Pro.

As I already said, I was able to acces it remotly using "Remote Desktop"

Parameters used when creating the connexion

Connexion
RDP

Network
Hostname : IP Address
Port : 3389

Authentication
ID & password of the PC I try to access
I don't use any domain
I ignore the certificate

Upvote 0
So RDP works but what VNC, SSH etc don't? How is guacamole configured? Exposed via reverse proxy or what?

Noticed that you said you are ignoring certs? What certs exactly?

Personally, I use ShellNGN for all VNC/SSH/RDP needs from a remote location if VPN is not an option. Works flawlessly.

Maybe give some more explanation how your guac is configured.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

RDP
works fine when I use "remote desktop client" provided by Microsoft, locally and trough the VPN. I can access the remote computer without any problems.

When I try to access the PC trough RDP with guacamole, I have always have this message in the browser :
“CONNECTION ERRROR - The remote desktop server is currently unreachable, If the problem persists, please notify your system admin”

Same problem with VNC.

I'm using DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 3 with the latest versions of docker and Guacamole. The PC I'm trying to acces is a windows 10 Pro.

Parameters used when creating the connexion :

Connexion

RDP

Network
Hostname : IP Address of the remote computer
Port : 3389

Authentication
ID & password of the PC I try to access
I don't use any domain
I ignore the certificate

I can access the guacamole interface. to create users, configure connexions... I use port 8080.
I'm testing with an admin user who has all privileges

The network is in bridge mode in docker and the container has high privilege.

VPN is mandatory to access the network.

Let me know if you need some specific information.

Upvote 0
Exactly.

I tried guacamole on an other network with open VPN and guacamole installed on the NAS and it works perfectly. VPN is managed by PF Sense and the firewall too. I haven't configured the firewall yet on this NAS.

On the network I was talking before, open VPN is managed by the NAS, and the firewall too. I haven't installed PF Sense yet. I think the problem may come from my firewall configuration. I will recheck my config to see is something is wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I just wanted to inform you that it works. The firewall was not configured correctly.

Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0
Solution
It works fine with VNC too using tight VNC server. Know I just need to find how to activate copy/paste and file transfert from my computer to the remote one.
-- post merged: --

Again, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.