Constant failures

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have been using ABB since I got my DS-920+ last spring. The past couple of weeks I have been getting backup failures some of the automated backups. The past few days it has been a 100% failure rate. I get an "unknown internal error, contact Synology" message in the logs. I have been trying manual backups and it fails within a minute or two with the same error. I have removed/reinstalled ABB and the backup agent on a couple of my windows machines. I upgraded my OS from 6.2.3.xxx to 6.2.4.xxx. I've restarted my network and computers several times. Is there anything else I can try or look at? Thanks!!

Not yet. I didnt think I would get thru over the holidays and was looking to see if anyone has faced this yet.

Looks like there is some corruption somewhere. I created a new backup but to a different directory (didn't use ActiveBackupforBusiness folder and it is running right now. I will see in a little while but based on what I've been seeing the past couple of weeks, it looks promising. If this holds, then I need to see if I can find out what/how things got corrupted. I will also look at deleting the old backup directory but this will come later.

Looks like there is some corruption somewhere. I created a new backup but to a different directory (didn't use ActiveBackupforBusiness folder and it is running right now. I will see in a little while but based on what I've been seeing the past couple of weeks, it looks promising. If this holds, then I need to see if I can find out what/how things got corrupted. I will also look at deleting the old backup directory but this will come later.

I think you can just delete the abb task, clear out the destination folder and use the same directory if you want. I’ve had similar issues although

I did exactly that and my storage space was recovered. I am still running to the different folder. Last night's run failed but it was after about 80 minutes not within a minute as it had been the previous couple of weeks. I may have had a network hiccup. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. I have not been able to find out how/why things got corrupted if indeed that is what it was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back