DS218
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have 1756 contacts in a vcf file. I am trying to get synology contacts to sync them to my iPhone, iPad and MAC. This is not working for me.

I have tried multiple approaches, the latest one is as follows: Erased all contacts on iPhone, iPad and MAC; Uninstalled Synology Contacts package and reinstalled it. Created one contact on each device, iPhone, iPad and MAC, and the NAS. This worked. I am able to see the 4 contacts on all 4 devices.

I imported the vcf file into My Contacts in Synology so now I have 1760 contacts in the NAS (1756+4). I expect to see 1760 contacts on iPhone, iPad and MAC.

Well, I do not see 1760 contacts. I only see 1706! Why 1706? No idea.

I then edited 3 of the initial 4 contacts:

1. The one I created/edited in Synology Contacts is replicated to the iPhone and iPad but not the MAC.
  2. The contact I created/edited on the MAC was replicated to all 3 devices, therefore I can see it on Synology, iPhone, iPad and MAC.
  3. The contact I created/edited on the iPhone is replicated to Synology, iPhone and iPad but not the MAC.
  4. I stopped/started Synology contacts hoping that this would trigger a push from the NAS to the other 3 devices.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem. Why only 1706 out of the 1760 contacts were synchronized and why the MAC synchronization of edited records does not work — or — am I just wasting my time with Synology Contacts?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Unsure if this is related in any way....
xVDuUCF.png

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.