Container Manager issue

Currently reading
Container Manager issue

guys a quick question for Synology DS923+ containers, does always having issue with downloading images or just I have this issue .
the registry tab can be refreshed normally but I can't download anything from it.

how to fix it and if anyone having this issue solved kindly share it .
thanks
Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 6.17.56 AM.png

Is the NAS connected to the internet? Can you download a Synology package in the Package Centre as a test? Can you download any other Docker packages? Try downloading pihole/pihole from the Docker repo as a test.

Is the NAS connected to the internet? Can you download a Synology package in the Package Centre as a test? Can you download any other Docker packages? Try downloading pihole/pihole from the Docker repo as a test.
Yes it’s connected online and I did try to download more than 20 images, but still same .

Yes it’s connected online and I did try to download more than 20 images, but still same .
I'm suggesting you try downloading a different docker image (eg pihole) as a test to see if the problem is with this shadowsocks image or a wider Docker issue. Have you tried this and what is the result?

I'm suggesting you try downloading a different docker image (eg pihole) as a test to see if the problem is with this shadowsocks image or a wider Docker issue. Have you tried this and what is the result?
Yes boss I did try to download pihole and 0 progress for the download and after that getting unable to download

So it's a general Docker issue.
Can you now try downloading a random package using the DSM Package Centre instead of Docker?

In your NAS network settings, what DNS server are you using? Try setting this to 1.1.1.1 and trying teh Docker download again.

Ok. There is a reported bug in the GUI of Docker on the Synology: Synology Community

See post #11.

Basically:
  • SSH into your NAS, then
  • sudo chmod 666 /var/run/docker.sock
  • then try pulling an image docker pull shadowsocks/shadowsocks-libev.
  • If that works, change the permissions back sudo chmod 600 /var/run/docker.sock

I've no experience of this myself; just basing this on the post on the Synoforum.

Ok. There is a reported bug in the GUI of Docker on the Synology: Synology Community

See post #11.

Basically, you SSH into your NAS, then sudo chmod 666 /var/run/docker.sock. Then try pulling an image docker pull shadowsocks/shadowsocks-libev. If that works, change the permissions back sudo chmod 600 /var/run/docker.sock

I've no experience of this myself; just basing this on the post on the Synoforum.
Thanks for your support , I will try it today and keep you posted

My /var/run/docker.sock is 660 without me ever touching it.
Code:
srw-rw---- 1 root root 0 Nov 29 10:57 docker.sock

Testing and I can download that image from the default registry (registry.hub.docker.com). So that shows the site is working, for me.

As shadowsocks is software for bypassing firewalls ofc it could be that if the OP is behind a corporate or other firewall then his access to the Docker repo is also being blocked by that same firewall...

See post #11.

Basically:
  • SSH into your NAS, then
  • sudo chmod 666 /var/run/docker.sock
  • then try pulling an image docker pull shadowsocks/shadowsocks-libev.
  • If that works, change the permissions back sudo chmod 600 /var/run/docker.sock

hi
no work, due to below error.

error pulling image configuration: download failed after attempts=6: read tcp
read: connection reset by peer

Please be noted even when I go to the site: Docker and getting below error too .
PS: am already connected to the internet and the Synology is online 100%.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 9.50.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 9.50.05 PM.png
    264.4 KB · Views: 5
Are you trying to access Docker from behind a firewall? Could this firewall be blocking your connection?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.