Control Panel shortcuts

Currently reading
Control Panel shortcuts

fredbert

Mega Poster
This may not be news to some ...

From Control Panel's Home page you can drag and drop items onto DSM's desktop, just like it's possible for DSM's Main Menu items.

WST16

Giga Poster
NAS
DS216+II : DS118 : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
Huh. Didn’t know that! Thanks.
Now you’ve introduced a problem. More choices. What to drag to the desktop :D

Rusty

Staff member
NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS412+, DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+ with expansions
Router
RT1900ac, RT2600ac, MR2200ac
For me it’s simple. There is nothing on the desktop just the main menu bar

fredbert

Mega Poster
If I had loads of NAS to I wouldn't put much on the desktop, but here's my admin account's

My normal user doesn't have much as I access mostly direct URLs and 3rd party apps.

fredbert

Mega Poster
And here's a Mac OS tip, for those's that miss having a 'Save As' menu item as it used to be. Apple hide this item from the File menu but it's still there. You can add it back doing this:

Goto Keyboard Shortcuts in System Preferences and add an App Shortcuts for All Applications using text 'Save As…' and Shift-Cmd-s

Untitled 2.jpeg

I just remembered this when saving the screenshot grabs when in Acorn.

Rusty

Staff member
NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS412+, DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+ with expansions
Router
RT1900ac, RT2600ac, MR2200ac
If I had loads of NAS to I wouldn't put much on the desktop, but here's my admin account's
View attachment 184

My normal user doesn't have much as I access mostly direct URLs and 3rd party apps.
Well 99% of my apps are in Docker so Heimdall ftw! In Dsm I use several apps and control panel, so menu bar is enough

dapr0digy

Byte Poster
NAS
DS2415+
View attachment 184

:eek: .... bad thing is when you package update or stop a service sometimes the shortcuts are removed. any fix for that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.