Copy of active backup for 365 or Gsuite to another location (NAS / Cloud) & GDPR

Currently reading
Copy of active backup for 365 or Gsuite to another location (NAS / Cloud) & GDPR

NAS
DS 918+, DS1019+, DS1819+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
Dear people,

If I have a backup for O365 or Gsuite I prefer to make a second backup of it. The moment my backup target becomes corrupt, fails or otherwise no longer functions, the customer's backup should not be endangered.

I see in the options for O365 and Gsuite that backup to a second location is not possible and that they are working on it.

If the solution is not yet available, how do I secure this data if I cannot go to an extra location or does this mean something else?

-->

Another question, how about GDPR and this way of backing up all kinds of personal data on your Nas, has anyone have experience with this?

From what I saw you need to be on the business packages of these services. I only have personal accounts, where I have them, maybe most others are like that too and explains why no-one feels that can offer qualified feedback.

For GDRP, I'd hope that each of you customers are able to encrypt their own data with private keys... that would then remove any ability you have from accessing information.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.