Currently reading
CouchDB help

NAS
DS213J, DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am trying to run the obsidian plug-in "self hosted live sync" which allows me to self host rather than use obsidian sync service. It requires Couchdb for backend.

I'm a bit confused on what I'm doing wrong, I loaded the couchDB docker however am not exactly sure what I should be doing after. I needed to add to the variables user and pass to get it to run. When I point my obsidian to it says no database found. It seems like I need to somehow access Couchdb to setup the database or use another app to get to it first?

Have come a long way and kinda understand a little bit of docker but this is still way over my head.

Did you do what is written here?

Create the ini file with the content from the link above and copy it on your NAS, e.g. to a location like /volume1/docker/obsidian/couchdb/local.ini.

Apply the settings from the docker runcommand from the description like this to the couchdb container:
-e COUCHDB_USER=admin -> add in the "environment" tab.
-e COUCHDB_PASSWORD=password -> add in the "environment" tab.
-v /path/to/local.ini:/opt/couchdb/etc/local.ini -> add in the "volume" tab, use add file (select the ini file mentioned above) then enter the path /opt/couchdb/etc/local.ini as mount path (=inside the container).
-p 5984:598 -> add in the "ports" tab

Even though it's not mentioned in the description, you will want to add a volume mapping to persist the couchdb data outside the container. Use add directory in the "volume" tab and select /volume1/docker/obsidian/couchdb/data (create the folder if it doesn't exist) and set /opt/couchdb/data as mount path inside the container.

After adding all of this, the couchdb container should be setup properly and the coachdb container can be started.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.