Crazy timestamps when syncing photos from Dropbox

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi 👋

I´ve tried to sync my photolibrary on Dropbox to my DS220+ with bad results.
Bad cause all my timestamps gets crazy wierd and dates back to January 1970.
This would totally ruin my goal to be able to view all content chronologically via Plex on my Apple TV 4K.

I guess I missed something in the process but I can´t find the solution when I search the forum or Google.
I´ve got A LOT of photos/videos and I´ve invested a lot of time to create my perfect structure.

Can you please help me?

Best regards,
Joacim

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2021-05-31 kl. 10.20.22.png
    Skärmavbild 2021-05-31 kl. 10.20.22.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 7
I think the date stamps are being removed. My experience when using some EXIF utilities to edit photo info, is when I remove the date it usually shows up as January 1, 1970. I think the 1:00 is the time shifted from GMT.
What I'm trying to say is to look into the possibility that the date has been removed (not changed). Of course, the question remains, why.

Upvote 0
I think the date stamps are being removed. My experience when using some EXIF utilities to edit photo info, is when I remove the date it usually shows up as January 1, 1970. I think the 1:00 is the time shifted from GMT.
What I'm trying to say is to look into the possibility that the date has been removed (not changed). Of course, the question remains, why.
Thanks! With your info in mind I checked my exports from iCloud and it seems to me that this is the problem :eek: I would not have guessed that iCloud was the bad guy. Any solution?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back