Question customize File Request page

Currently reading
Question customize File Request page

Found the element in FileRequest file. Changed it, it had worked in the past, but somehow, not anymore with the current DSM. No matter what I put in it now, still the same message. I want my name on it instead of Synology. Do you know why?

It worked in the past with the direct change on the file itself. Maybe current DSM has some master file somewhere to override any change. Do you have any idea where this might be?

Location is /usr/syno/synoman/webman/modules/FileBrowser and the file is FileRequest.js. Inside you will find "Copyright @ 2019 Synology Inc." divided into variables (just search for it). Edit it, save and reboot (it won't work if you just save the file and reload, you can try).

That's what I did before and it worked. However, it does not work with the current version of DSM. Always displays "Copyright @ 2019 Synology Inc." no matter what I replaced it with. Reload, reboot, etc. There must be a master file to prevent editing?

FWIW I upload shared files to a nonsyno sharing service... for example Dropbox (or other free temp storage such as ge.tt) as I discovered that syno's file sharing service reports my DDNS address through the shared HTTP links, and I find that more objectionable than their silly copyright nonsense.

Its interesting that drive shares are not showing ddns name if you are running it via revers proxy and a custom domain. I mostly setup Drive urls for temp downloads or sftp access for remote uploads if anyone needs it. In both cases no ddns name is visible

That's what I did before and it worked. However, it does not work with the current version of DSM. Always displays "Copyright @ 2019 Synology Inc." no matter what I replaced it with. Reload, reboot, etc. There must be a master file to prevent editing?
Hmm guess there has to be something that’s blocking to change that or there is another file that controls this. I’ll have to dig up a bit more. Was working late yesterday so did this with half brain ;).

I would also like to get rid of the reference to the Synology copyright. I also edited the file mentioned above, rebooted but without success. I can confirm the my edit was not overwritten with the reboot so as @anthony714 previously stated, there must be another file taking precedence.

Anyone with ideas or solution please advise. Thanks.

Sorry I know this thread is likely dead but I've edited my Filerequest.js file and am currently trying to reupload but I get Permission denied via SCP and I cant change the permissions of the file.
Any thoughts?

Sorry I know this thread is likely dead but I've edited my Filerequest.js file and am currently trying to reupload but I get Permission denied via SCP and I cant change the permissions of the file.
Any thoughts?
running as root?

Its interesting that drive shares are not showing ddns name if you are running it via revers proxy and a custom domain. I mostly setup Drive urls for temp downloads or sftp access for remote uploads if anyone needs it. In both cases no ddns name is visible
Drive shares? Hmm, that sounds interesting, have to find that out.

I have been using the File Station sharing and have the same annoyance Telos observed. In my case I replace the ddns part of the link before I send it out to family members/whoever with my own domain name and it works fine.
However, it is still annoying and time consuming to do.
Drive shares, will look into that, thanks.

Edit: Oops sorry didn't realise this was so old...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.