DSM 6.2 Data Backup and upgrade to Brtfs

NAS
DS1513+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Dear all,

I need some help in how to upgrade my 1513+ storage space to Brtps so I can start to use Synology Drive. My NAS is operating under DSM 6.2. Currently, I got 3 HDD running on raid 5. The storage pool said I am using 3.5TB/5.4TB. I got 1 dummy HDD as volume 2 which I normally use it for download data which is currently empty. It said 3.4GB/2.7TB.

I would like to check if I can use Hyper Backup to back up the data from the raid 5 to my dummy HDD. I hope the backup do not need to use so much space and able to save all data into dummy HDD. If require, I got an empty slot , I can try to get a new HDD with bigger volume to backup the data.

For now, I would like to see how many space I need to completely backup my data in raid 5 through Hyper backup. If ok just using the dummy HDD is the best.

Another question is after I fully backup my data and upgrade the storage to Brtps, how to restore all my data into the new raid 5?

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.