Data backup task on server suspended

Currently reading
Data backup task on server suspended

Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Having a nagging double message repeating every so often reminding me a 'server Data backup task' has been suspended.

Likely a disconnect in the target backup location, which sounds easy enough to troubleshoot but coming up w/blanks.

Last edited:
Yes....and the log indicates out of space. Yes, USB is connected.

I am embarrassed to say that I can't seem to access that location through DSM. Plugging the drive directly into Mac renders a formatting request. I set up a streaming server ages back, no long use it and think it is that - and there wouldn't ever really be the need to 'backup' that content.

Exception occurred while backing up data. (Destination capacity is insufficient. Please expand your target size.)
[Local][Local Storage 1] Exception occurred while backing up data. (Destination capacity is insufficient. Please expand your target size.) [Path: /volumeUSB1/usbshare/<NAME>_1.hbk, Reason: insufficient space on /volumeUSB1/usbshare/<NAME>_1.hbk]

Update:
• For this particular error, located the specific task and would be ok turning it off...but..can't because it is suspended.
• Still nee da way to read the directory on the external drive.

Update:
• Don't need that directory so deleted in full.
• Still need to read directory stored on USB drive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.