Data migration from ds107e to ds220+

NAS
DS220+, DS107e
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello all,
Hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I'm finally upgrading my faithful 107e to a 220+ so I have a bit more speed and hdd redundancy. My issue is getting my data off the old nas onto the new one. I have tried everything I can find on google and the Synology website in regards to back ups and migrations but nothing seems to work. I'm assuming the 107e running dsm 3.1 is the issue. Do I pull the drive out the 107 and usb it to the 220?

Thanks in advance for any help with the matter

Hello all,
Hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I'm finally upgrading my faithful 107e to a 220+ so I have a bit more speed and hdd redundancy. My issue is getting my data off the old nas onto the new one. I have tried everything I can find on google and the Synology website in regards to back ups and migrations but nothing seems to work. I'm assuming the 107e running dsm 3.1 is the issue. Do I pull the drive out the 107 and usb it to the 220?

Thanks in advance for any help with the matter
Does your new 220 come with new drives or are you using the one inside 107? If both NAS will have their own devices then just configure the new nas and then do a network transfer from one to the other.

You can use a simple SMB/CIFS remote share from the File Station Tools > Remote connections menu in order to connect to your 107 and get access to the content. From there its a simple copy/paste.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.