Dates are not Date Taken, but are EXIF Date and Time (original/digitized)

Currently reading
Dates are not Date Taken, but are EXIF Date and Time (original/digitized)

When Synology Photos imports photo files, it categorizes them by Year and Month. This should be done by Date Taken, but instead it is appears to be by Date and Time (original or digitized). If this is missing, they are categorized as year 1970 and month 01. Trying to fix this by selecting the photo and selecting "i" (information) to edit the date does not work as this is the Date Taken and is correct.

The date problem is also seen in sorting, as the sort is not by Date Taken, but also appears to be by Date and Time (original or digitized).

1625676869131.png

I did some more investigation into this problem and I was incorrect in my original conclusion. I should have looked at the Date Taken that Windows Explorer sees and I found that is missing for several of my pictures. The date that Synology Photos shows in information "i", appears to be the Last Modified. It would be great if Synology Photos was consistent in what they show here in Information, and which you are allowed to edit, and how they sort, which appears to be based off EXIF Date and Time (digitized).

1625701491678.png

1625701420407.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.