Currently reading
DDNS and Port Number

NAS
DS218Play
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Having finally managed to set up my DS218play on an Eero mesh network - DDNS, SSL certificate, https, port forwarding and so forth- I find I am only able to successfully log in using the DDNS name if I use the https port number appended after the DDNS name. Is that expected or have I missed a step?

Many thanks

Paul

Is that expected or have I missed a step?
Correct. Using your DDNS with a custom port (DSM port) is the way you access your NAS via DDNS. If you want to lose the port number you can use the built-in Reverse Proxy (Control Panel > Application portal > reverse proxy) and configure there a redirect for HTTPS domain (your custom owned domain name) to the internal IP address/port of your DSM.

Have a look here for an example: Tutorial - Synology Reverse Proxy

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.