DDNS Customize localhost to Docker container

Currently reading
DDNS Customize localhost to Docker container

I've setup a custom DDNS resolver for Cloudflare via Azure functions successfully, however, I was hoping to simplify this by just spinning up a Docker container on the nas with an endpoint to do the work; This has proved not so simple, ha. Right now when spun up I can hit the service and update the IPs successfully by hitting the NAS IP + port + endpoint on my local network but when creating the customize link in DDNS to http://localhost:8080/endpoint?alltheparams it just hangs and ends with "Operation Failed" after doing a "Test Connection".

I've also tried 127.0.0.1, 0.0.0.0, all still hanging for awhile then ending with the "Operation Failed" message :(

My thought is that Synology's DDNS service is using some outside service which is causing a timeout which in turn gives me the unhelpful "Operation Failed" error.

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.