Currently reading
DDNS security question

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I've been looking into accessing my NAS from outside my LAN. I finally got DDNS working with my cellphone and can go to my DDNS and see my desktop via cellular. My only question is, what is the best way to protect this from the outside besides not giving out the ddns address because when I do it, it doesn't ask me to sign in but rather it goes right to the desktop!

I thought about setting up the Synology VPN but that just encrypts the data going between the two points. Thank you!!!!

I expect it goes right to the desktop because your phone is already signed in to the NAS.
If you try from another device, you should get the login screen.
All that DDNS is doing is associating a domain name with your IP address, nothing more.

You were right. never thought of that, sorry. Will be sure to log out from now on. what about security, like someone, "hacking in," that shouldn't. I have the basic firewall set but that's for allowing apps port access and changed the static ip for the NAS. TIA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.