DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
Hi,

I created an external access with the DDNS Synology.me function, but despite the normal status in DSM, and the ports forwarding that I set up in my router, it does not work, I tested with and without the Synology firewall, and that's the same result : a blank page.
I also pinged the external address and it works 100%. I also tried with cellular data, and I disabled the DSM Firewall, but no luck.

Did I forget something ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi,

I created an external access with the DDNS Synology.me function, but despite the normal status in DSM, and the ports forwarding that I set up in my router, it does not work, I tested with and without the Synology firewall, and that's the same result : a blank page.
I also pinged the external address and it works 100%. I also tried with cellular data, and I disabled the DSM Firewall, but no luck.

Did I forget something ?

Thanks in advance !
I had a similar issue - no matter my setup I couldn't use it. Turns out my ISP had to turn on IPv4 for me (extra small cost per month) as them using IPv6 seems to have stopped this from working.

Worth a check with your provider.

I had a similar issue - no matter my setup I couldn't use it. Turns out my ISP had to turn on IPv4 for me (extra small cost per month) as them using IPv6 seems to have stopped this from working.

Worth a check with your provider.
Unfortunately it doesn't work.
It does not work with cellular as well.

Can you confirm when you use an Internet DNS service to resolve your Synology DDNS domain that it returns the same IP address as is assigned to your router’s WAN interface?

The ping might be being returned by a different device.

What I’m wondering is if you are connected to the Internet behind CGNAT. This seems to becoming more prevalent from ISPs. I’ve noticed mobile data connections have been using non-routable addressing for end-user devices, but now home ISPs are starting to do this.

I’ve just change home (UK) ISP from Virginmedia which has provided dynamic Internet IPv4 addresses to cable broadband customers (and the IP generally was unchanged until their router got rebooted, so very rarely). My new ISP, Giganet, on fibre uses CGNAT as standard so my initial external IP address was 10.x.y.z but they also have the option to pay extra to get a static Internet routable IPv4 addess… which is what I do.

@fredbert this is exactly the issue I had. I've got a great ISP in Fibrehop (over Cityfibre) in the UK; but it's all behind CGNAT. Moving to their IPv4 product (+£6/mo which is quite cheap) gave me a fixed IP address and removed me from the CGNAT.

Last edited:
@fredbert this is exactly the issue I had. I've got a great ISP in Fibrehop (over Cityfibre) in the UK; but it's all behind CGNAT….
Giganet is on CityFibre too. I went for the 500/500 Mbps with extra £3 for a static IP. Before ordering the new service (all using CityFibre) I contacted a few of the ISP options to see if they used CGNAT and, if so, was a static Internet IP an option. So I ended up speaking to techies mostly.

This thing with CGNAT needs to be a bit better highlighted even if most won’t need to know.

Giganet is on CityFibre too. I went for the 500/500 Mbps with extra £3 for a static IP. Before ordering the new service (all using CityFibre) I contacted a few of the ISP options to see if they used CHNAT and, if so, was a static Internet IP and option. So I ended up speaking to techies mostly.

This thing with CGNAT needs to be a bit better highlighted even if most won’t need to know.
Yep. Am on 900/900. Fortunately Fiberhop is small enough to talk turkey with, any of the big isps are hopeless when it comes to the details.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.