Currently reading
decrypt all Cloud Sync content on One Drive

NAS
DS213+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hello there,
Couple of questions hoping that I could get some of your thoughts on:
1. Is it possible to decrypt all content where it rest vs having to copy somewher else while decrypting?
I have roughly 1TB of content that I have been syncying over to One Drive through Cloud Sync and I had turned on encryption when I originally configured it. Looking back, I wish I hadn't as I would like to simply go to One Drive where the backup is and be able to access the content without having to decrypt file/folder everytime. I understand that I can use the 'Cloud Sync Decryption Tool' but I believe it is just a folder/file at a time and it would have to be copied/restored the encrypted content.
2. Few weeks ago, I have started to notice that this above Cloud Sync task on DSM is set to 'suspended' and can't seem to find a way to unsuspend it.

Even if I could unsuspend it, my main concern of existing content being encrypted is still there. Hence, I am wondering if I am just better off deleting everything that has been copied over to One Drive and restart from the begining with a new Cloud Sync task to copy content over from my Snology drive over to OneDrive WITH encryption DISABLED.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on it!
Thank you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.