WD Degraded Drive Problem - Relatively new to NAS Synology so please bear with me. I bought and setup a Synology 216 and installed two 2 new X 4TB WD

Currently reading
WD Degraded Drive Problem - Relatively new to NAS Synology so please bear with me. I bought and setup a Synology 216 and installed two 2 new X 4TB WD

Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
The two drives are set up as 2 p00ls SHR, btrfs
Drive 1 has 3.6 TB free and Drive 2 has 3.5 TB free

Drive 1 pool 1 is showing as DEGREDATED

With only two available drives available how do I repair Drive 1 which has the system software on it ?

Thanks and regards for any help

Telos

Subscriber
NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DS3622+, DSM 7.1.4-11091
With only two available drives available how do I repair Drive 1 which has the system software on it ?

You can't repair non-redundant arrays.

The best you can do is shutdown, remove the working drive, replace it with a new drive which will be the home of the files from the degraded drive, and restart the NAS.

Create a NEW POOL (and volume) on the new drive. Then change the location of all existing shared folders to the new drive/pool/volume. After all the shared folders (and their content) have been relocated to the new pool/volume, shut down the NAS, replace the degraded drive with the good drive previously removed, and then restart.

If any packages are missing, you will need to reinstall those.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.