Delete Volume1

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted else where but I have checked.

Background:-

Ds920+
Volume 1 - 2 x 10TB EXT4
Volume 2 - 2 x 10TB BTRFS

I have migrated ALL shares from V1 to V2.

How would I migrate all services (apps, logs, OS, BOOT etc) to V2 so I can delete V1 and eventually merge disks 1 and 2 to volume 2.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you.

Steve.

How would I migrate all services (apps, logs, OS, BOOT etc) to V2 so I can delete V1 and eventually merge disks 1 and 2 to volume 2.
The OS and boot info is on every drive, so you are good there. In essence, there is nothing left to migrate. There are unsupported methods to move packages, but they are ... unsupported.

To see what you are getting into, uninstall a package that resides on V1, then reinstall it on V2. If asked to keep/delete settings, always say "keep". If you are using Docker, either export container settings (for later import) or keep a YML file handy.

Excellent - I'll try. Is that why V1 says data has @ 500gb still in use, despite all shares being moved?

I've just checked again, I think its my SSD cache - opps. Forgot to mention that. What do I do with that? I'll need to migrate that to volume2?

I'll need to migrate that to volume2?
Disable cache 1st before deleting vol1. Then assign it to vol2, and after that delete vol1.

You can try and use Hyper Backup package for app migration (not all of them, only supported one).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.