Desktop browser timeout while streaming Audio Station?

Currently reading
Desktop browser timeout while streaming Audio Station?

NAS
DS 412+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I've been doing AS streaming for years without this issue, but recently, while dealing with installing/deleting legacy browser versions on an older (Intel) Mac mini that can't be upgraded beyond OS High Sierra (10.13.6), I'm getting page timeouts in Firefox and MS Edge browsers. The kind that usually attend DSM browser sessions, when leaving a session unattended for a period of time. What is it, 5? 10? minutes? Quite annoying when there's an ongoing streaming session occurring. As mentioned, this didn't used to be a problem.

A streaming session is no longer distinguished from a standard DSM session.

I've scoured the usual browser settings and rechecked DSM Application Portal settings, along with doing keyword searches on the web and I haven't found this to be an outstanding issue for users. Is this a 'thing' for anyone else streaming music through a web browser while away from their desktop computer? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Solution
what's your session time out set to?
Control Panel > Security >Login Settings > logout timer.
Capture.PNG
Last edited:
View attachment 13664
That was it. Mine was set to 10. Can't recall changing it to that low, but there it is. Thanks, Bandit!
-- post merged: --

It just occurs to me that my DSM login has always timed out, whereas my AS streams didn't, until recently. While I'm sure this tweak will solve the problem, it might now prevent DSM logout routines for that time. Well, I can certainly live with that better than with mid-stream timeouts!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back