Currently reading
Question "Destination corrupted" error in HyperBackup

itherseed

Bit Poster
NAS
DS-918+
Router
RT2600ac
Hi, I have this problem in Hyper Backup for several days and I can't find a way to solve it. Hyper backup show this error:

I attach the error report generated. It says that a number of files are broken or something like that. Those files are reports generated by the Storage analyzer and I don't know how to restart the backups. The files mentioned in the report seems fine to me, the backup drive too. Any help will be appreciated. If you need some other detail or info, ask me. Thanks in advance.

Model name: DS918+
DSM Version: 6.2.2-24922

Attachments

Tedster

Byte Poster
NAS
DS1515+, DX213.
I really don't like the way this package works now. I'm sure it used to just copy the files as files instead of this nonsense that you have to mount and open?

Anyway, I had something similar to you. Mine said a file was corrupted. I did the mount and open thing and deleted the file. I ran backup again and it still said the file was corrupted. I ended up deleting the backup altogether, including the task. I recreated it and it's been fine.

I don't like it and I don't trust it tho!

Rusty

Staff member
NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS412+, DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+ with expansions
Router
RT1900ac, RT2600ac, MR2200ac
I'm sure it used to just copy the files as files instead of this nonsense that you have to mount and open?
I use it like this still. rsync copy (single version) from the wizard menu.

Tedster

Byte Poster
NAS
DS1515+, DX213.
It doesn't let you do that for backing up local files though.

Rusty

Staff member
NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
Router

Rusty

Staff member
NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
Router

Tedster

Byte Poster
NAS
DS1515+, DX213.
Ah, I've found how to do this!

If you want, traditional, single, versions, of your backed up files. Select the second option from the wizards list in Hyperbackup.

"Local Folder and USB (Single Version)"
Capture.JPG

This gives you a single version of each file backed up. You can view them from File Station or over your network shares, in the usual way. Without the mounting and opening nonsense.

WST16

Giga Poster
NAS
DS216+II : DS118 : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
Ah, I've found how to do this!
Did anything change since the last update?! I think it’s been like this as long as I can remember. I actually format the USB disks on my iMac so I can read them whenever the need arises.

joheben

Bit Poster
If you want, traditional, single, versions, of your backed up files. Select the second option from the wizards list in Hyperbackup.

"Local Folder and USB (Single Version)"
View attachment 266

This gives you a single version of each file backed up. You can view them from File Station or over your network shares, in the usual way. Without the mounting and opening nonsense.
Thanks for this tip! I will do that. First I will reformat the disk, since suspending my first 100 GB backup ended up with "destination corrupted", so I could not resume the backup, nor can I start a new backup. Luckily, there is nothing else on that disk, but a pity to use only 100 GB out of 4 TB...

I would never ever give Synology remote access to my NAS for "fixing" crappy software issues.

I would love to have multiple backups, but not at the cost of reliability. That should not be too difficult to achieve in my opinion, but apparently Hyper Backup is not a reliable solution. Does anyone know of some reliable alternative for getting multi-generation backups in the format of the original files (except for super-cumbersome USB Copy one folder at a time)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Date
G Hyper Backup

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for all who likes NAS related topics.

Registration is free, easy and fast!