NAS
DS418play
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi - I wanted to add a new device under Safe Access and it is not listed on the Traffic Control list in the Network Center.

The device is connected to WiFi, so why wouldn't it appear?

I even tried adding it to the lust manually, but it doesn't show it is online.

Any thoughts on what to check on the device or router?

Thanks!

mp/m

Just For kicks….
Ping it via network tools and see if it then appears in list!

Just a WAG
Thanks for the feedback - it helped.

For some reason, the MAC addresses listed in Traffic Control didn't match my devices, so I simply blocked them all and unblocked until a device came back. I was able to set the name for them so I know what is what, and thus was able to add them to Safe Access.

Not sure why, but the workaround works... for now!
mp/m

Last edited:
I’ve been complaining about this for years.
My feelings is: When you ask for a list devices, YOU LIST ALL DEVICES presently connected.
Apparently code is written to display some, but not all devices, and has never been documented when devices fall off active list into :___________???? What?
Silly me: I’m wanting to know ALL devices attached to router! Not just ‘some’!
For some reasoning, my interpretation of Device List doesn’t jive with the powers that be…. And for the life of me: I don’t know what good present code is supposed to be used for!

I put FING APP on my cellphone to get around this problem.

PS: “WAG” == Wild Assed Guess

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.