RT2600ac DHCP reservation troubles

Currently reading
RT2600ac DHCP reservation troubles

Hi,
just manually updated to SRM 1.2.4-8081 and trying to do a DHCP reservation for a Nvdia Shield TV device (set on DHCP of course).
I can add it to reservation but if I edit the IP address it won't preserve the change.
Please any idea?
Many thanks

Hi,
just manually updated to SRM 1.2.4-8081 and trying to do a DHCP reservation for a Nvdia Shield TV device (set on DHCP of course).
I can add it to reservation but if I edit the IP address it won't preserve the change.
Please any idea?
Many thanks

Well DHCP does mean Dynamic IP. Maybe you should learn to play with Static routes for your devices if you want to assign their IP addresses.

Personally I don't care what internal IP address the router initially assigns to my home devices. However, like you, I do usually give them a reservation, but have never felt the need to try and edit the IP's afterwards.

One way you might get it to stick, but no guarantee it will work, is to give your Shield its reservation, but then shut it down so it drops off the network. Then under your reservation entry for it, double click the IP address area, edit to your liking, being sure that the IP is available and not being used by another device, then MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE SAVE BUTTON above the list, then restart your Shield and see if it has the newly assigned IP address. Good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.