Router
  1. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello guys

I'm a noob and I hope you bear with me.

Was reading along a bit, but couldn't find anything like this.

I just got a RT6600ax and beside some parental control topics and sooner or later using it for my own VPN to access my NAS saver from across the world, my main intent right now is using a VPN service.
Now the big VPN services like express, nord, ... offer different locations and I have different reasons where different locations might be helpful. I also don't want to install multiple VPN clients, especially as I have no idea how to do this with a cheapo smart tv... iOS and Windows seems to be easy going, smart tv... hhmm, couldn't really find something, which is why I ended up with a new router... (and most probably I would not have needed it, but the old one wasn't VPN prepared at all.

So to come to the question:
The 6600 seems to be able to create up to 15 different SSIDs. Could I (noob!) potentially assign/ connect every single SSID to a certain VPN server location? This way I would only have to choose my wifi network "South Africa", "Spain" or "Utah" instead of connecting to a new location in the settings of the router each time...

Thanks for your input in advance!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.