2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
DiskStation DS920+ - Streamline your data management
ds920+_big.png

Scalable NAS with SSD cache acceleration capability
Synology DS920+ is an ideal network-attached storage solution to streamline data management and productivity.Two built-in M.2 SSD slots and Synology SSD Cache technology allow you to boost system I/O and application performance. Scalable storage design lets you start small and expand storage capacity with Synology DX517 as your data grows...

For more information...

Read more about this resource...

... or discuss it below.

Streamline your data management
That’s the bingo keyword. “Streamline”. I keep telling my wife that I’m streamlining the operation every time I buy something to add to the “operation” . But she keeps saying that I’m “unnecessarily fixing what’s already working”. She won’t fall for the corporate bullsh*t lingo :)

An excellent purchase!
It sure is. I'm quite amazed at how much it can do.
Despite 4 HDs It's way quieter than my 215J, but maybe that's just the Iron Wolf's compared t the WD Red.
Either way, I'm really pleased.

Just bought one of these as it fell into my budget range.
Had plans a in-system array buggered because the drives I'm using were pulling too much current for even a 500W system with a 1000W PSU.
Right now, don't have time to tear the system down and replace the PSU.

So far, so good. The setup was dead-dumb simple.
Had the device installed and configured in under half an hour.
And as soon as the parity checks are done, I'll begin using it.

It sure is. I'm quite amazed at how much it can do.
Despite 4 HDs It's way quieter than my 215J, but maybe that's just the Iron Wolf's compared t the WD Red.
Either way, I'm really pleased.

I'm running WD Golds. They're basically a step up from Red Pros. And silence ISN'T a concern there.
Even so, disk activity is little more than a muffled "clunk".

And, whenever I manage to get a couple SSDs in there to cache, I expect it to be even quieter on average...

Hello everyone!
I am new to this form and I hope I am posting my question on the right page.
I just bought a Synology DS920+ and I would like to use SSDs as storage instead of HDDs. I would like to use "Samsung 860 Pro SSD" but to my surprise on the official Synology website it is not listed as a compatible drive as opposed to the old DS918+.
Has anyone used/tested the Samsung 860 Pro with DS920+?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hello everyone!
I am new to this form and I hope I am posting my question on the right page.
I just bought a Synology DS920+ and I would like to use SSDs as storage instead of HDDs. I would like to use "Samsung 860 Pro SSD" but to my surprise on the official Synology website it is not listed as a compatible drive as opposed to the old DS918+.
Has anyone used/tested the Samsung 860 Pro with DS920+?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
That only means that it was not officially tested. It should work just fine, as long as it is not on the explicit uncompatible list.

DiskStation DS920+ - Streamline your data management
View attachment 2209

For more information...

Read more about this resource...

... or discuss it below.
I have a ds218play and I'm about to take advantage of Amazon Prime Day and get the ds920+. This price is unbeatable right now

I've already conducted some research on this NAS and I love the specs and upgrade capabilities. I'm assuming that migrating the two 8 tb drives in my ds218play to the ds920+ should be a seamless snap considering that I'm using DS 7, BTRFS, and SHR RAID. I can't imagine any difficulties that I may experience getting the ds920+ up and running. I'm excited about the upgrade. I'll provide an update once the migration is complete

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.