NAS
DiskStation DS923+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi, I have a DiskStation DS923+ and bought a Synology E10G22-T1-Mini to have better speed but but it's still the same :)

Actually, I'm completely new and have never used Synology, so I don't have much knowledge with Synology!

and I've read a bit about the Synology E10G22-T1-Mini so it looks like the Synology E10G22-T1-Mini is for connecting to a PC/Mac to have better speed, is that right?

because I connected the Synology E10G22-T1-Mini to my router so it was the same speed :D

Is there anyone here who can help me with this?

Hello and welcome!

it looks like the Synology E10G22-T1-Mini is for connecting to a PC/Mac to have better speed, is that right?
That is a 10G card that can be used with a switch, router, or device that also has a 10G network interface to allow for fast transfers.

Do you have any part of your network or your computer that has a 10G interface on it?

Hello and welcome!

That is a 10G card that can be used with a switch, router, or device that also has a 10G network interface to allow for fast transfers.

Do you have any part of your network or your computer that has a 10G interface on it?
Hi thanks :)

I use Mac Studio Apple M1 Ultra which has 10Gb Ethernet!

so should I connect the Synology E10G22-T1-Mini to my Mac Studio via cable and should I connect the Mac studio to the internet via WiFi, and should I connect my DiskStation DS923+ to the router right?

( Mac Studio - Technical Specifications )

Hi thanks :)

I use Mac Studio Apple M1 Ultra which has 10Gb Ethernet!

so should I connect the Synology E10G22-T1-Mini to my Mac Studio via cable and should I connect the Mac studio to the internet via WiFi, and should I connect my DiskStation DS923+ to the router right?

( Mac Studio - Technical Specifications )
Correct on all counts. I tested it in that exact setup, worked great (my test was 723 but that’s the same nas with 2 bays less).

Correct on all counts. I tested it in that exact setup, worked great (my test was 723 but that’s the same nas with 2 bays less).

Thank you, and thank you for your help :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.