Question DiskStation restart after power failure?

Currently reading
Question DiskStation restart after power failure?

Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I was testing the DS918+ to see if it works with a APC UPS. I unplugged the power to the UPS and DiskStation recognized that it was on UPS power. I set the DS to go into SafeMode after 2 minutes. After the 2 min the Status light went out but the disk LEDs remained ON. The log indicated that everything shut down as it should. I plugged in the
UPS before the battery completely drained.
The Disk Station for some reason restarted on its own. The blue power started flashing and all the disk LEDs turned OFF for a short time and back ON again. DS started back up. I don't have the option enabled to automatically turn ON Disk Station in the General tab. So why did this happen? Or is this option only for when the UPS shuts down because of a drained battery and not for when power is restored to a operating UPS.
ds918.JPG

So how does the Restart automatically after a power failure work then? I didn't have it enabled but my DS started up when I plugged in the UPS.

Checking the below with the auto power on is what I use and it works. I think the “auto power on” is what powers the DS back in this setup with the UPS as well as in case of a crash if no UPS is used (didn’t test disabling it).

A37C8033-D86A-40B5-8F38-EA649153FD40.jpeg

You didn’t notice it because you didn’t wait until the UPS power is exhausted. State a reasonable time (this depends on the load you have on the UPS, in my case I configured 8 minutes).
The UPS will cut the power after 8 minutes (DS in safe mode). The battery will have some power left just in case the power comes back and dies again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.