DJ216j unbrick help required

Currently reading
DJ216j unbrick help required

First. Glad to know, that you are save your NAS. Congrats.
To be sure:
- do you have the access to DSM by web browser?
Btw for the loader you don’t need disks. Even you can upgrade DSM w/o disks inserted.

1. Do you have a backup of DSM configuration? If yes in Control panel you can use restore process. Then you can upgrade to new DSM ver. If no, your data from disks Shared folders are still available (when no damage) and you can continue to point no. 2

2. You need put both disks to each bay as was used before - disk1 to bay1. First bay is from left side, last in right side. When you don’t remember what was what - Storage manager will help you (recognising or don’t).

I have full access to the box. I have no config backup. I am afraid that storage manager is processing recognising using data from the config backup on the HDDs which might be corrupted, thats why my concerns.

Do I need to upload exactly same DSM version on my DS prior inserting HDDs as was the old?/new? version at the time of the accident (last January)?
Same one that will be detected or newer version.

Do I need to erase any loader files/folders on the HDDs first?
No

How should I make it best to put both HDDs into same slots, get the system up-to-date and fully ready while retaining all the icluded data any different way?
Start with both drives and use the Syno Assistant to get it up and running.

Hi, may I ask someone kind and willing which skilled enough to help me to unbrick my NAS which bricked due to the power outage during DSM update? I am cable to connect through serial console (putty) and transfer zImage and rd.bin (tftpd32) into it but facing "no ATAGS support: can't continue" message after bootm... Thanks in advance.
hi John.

May be you can explain me how to connect to my bricked ds411 diskstation with serial cable.

my ds411 is not recognise since y want to install DSM.

when y start extraputty y have this
ds411 error.jpg

What did you think about this.

many thanks.

hi John.

May be you can explain me how to connect to my bricked ds411 diskstation with serial cable.

my ds411 is not recognise since y want to install DSM.

when y start extraputty y have this View attachment 5206

What did you think about this.

many thanks.
I'd like to know too. Did you find out how to do this?

just the fact that your persistance paid off and you made progress - nice push - these type of things (managing damaged os) can take a lot of reading and time - thanks for posting your progress.

I suceeded to unbrick it fully in the result. Now when box is ok, I need to arrange the HDDs with data and I have few questions:

I used 2x4TB RAID1 configuration on ext4 drives. All data seems intact.
1) Do I need to upload exactly same DSM version on my DS prior inserting HDDs as was the old?/new? version at the time of the accident (last January)? I suppose that the loader files of the DSM on the HDD are corrupted anyway.
2) Do I need to erase any loader files/folders on the HDDs first? If yes, which?
3) How should I make it best to put both HDDs into same slots, get the system up-to-date and fully ready while retaining all the icluded data any different way?
Thanks for any helpful suggestion.
So how did you unbrick it at the end? I have a DS1812+ that does the same thing...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.