Docker container - otmonitor - can't start app...

Currently reading
Docker container - otmonitor - can't start app...

NAS
DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, sorry for the layman's question, but I'm stumped. I installed docker, it runs fine. I tried to install this container (it's an application to monitor boiler traffic through the gateway):
I still can't get the application to run. In docker it seems to be running, but I have no idea where to run the application. I thought it was running on the web interface on port 8080, but I guess that's not the case. I don't know where to find the actual application to run, how to access its GUI...
I don't know if I'm entering the volume and mount point correctly... I've tried installing the container both via the docker GUI in Synology and via the Putty command line. It always seems that the container is running, but I guess that's not true.
I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what. I've spent about a week on this and no results.
Thank you so much for the help.

What realy helps us to help you is, if you actualy share everything that you exactly did.

So if you started the container from
- Syno GUI: please share screenshots of the container configuration including, volumes, portmappings and environments
- cli with docker run: please share the command in a code block (</> icon)
- docker-compose: please share the docker-compose.yml content in a code block (</> icon)

The less assumptions need to be made, the more precisse we can pinpoint the problem

Upvote 0
One-eyed-king, thank you very much for the answer. I have attached screenshots of the Syno GUI settings and also the command line. I have run docker-compose but I couldn't generate the yml file, sorry I don't know in which directory to run D-compose. I'm attaching the code from the .json file, which also contains this information.
I tried to set the paths or volumes differently, always deleting and reinstalling with a different path (I always created the directories in advance), but always without success.
Thank you very much...

cli:
Code:
docker run -d -p 8080:8080 -v /volume2/docker/otmonitor/otmonitor.conf:/data/otmonitor.conf basschipper/docker-otmonitor:latest

json:
Code:
{
   "CapAdd" : [],
   "CapDrop" : [],
   "cmd" : "/app/otmonitor --daemon -f /data/otmonitor.conf",
   "cpu_priority" : 50,
   "enable_publish_all_ports" : false,
   "enable_restart_policy" : true,
   "enabled" : true,
   "env_variables" : [
      {
         "key" : "PATH",
         "value" : "/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"
      },
      {
         "key" : "LANG",
         "value" : "C.UTF-8"
      },
      {
         "key" : "GPG_KEY",
         "value" : "0D96DF4D4110E5C43FBFB17F2D347EA6AA65421D"
      },
      {
         "key" : "PYTHON_VERSION",
         "value" : "3.6.9"
      },
      {
         "key" : "PYTHON_PIP_VERSION",
         "value" : "19.3.1"
      },
      {
         "key" : "PYTHON_GET_PIP_URL",
         "value" : "https://github.com/pypa/get-pip/raw/ffe826207a010164265d9cc807978e3604d18ca0/get-pip.py"
      },
      {
         "key" : "PYTHON_GET_PIP_SHA256",
         "value" : "b86f36cc4345ae87bfd4f10ef6b2dbfa7a872fbff70608a1e43944d283fd0eee"
      }
   ],
   "exporting" : false,
   "id" : "2823628214df09160fc70ada021fa747ba1a734e1416634a4c3a8ba58f265739",
   "image" : "basschipper/docker-otmonitor:latest",
   "is_ddsm" : false,
   "is_package" : false,
   "links" : [],
   "memory_limit" : 0,
   "name" : "basschipper-docker-otmonitor1",
   "network" : [
      {
         "driver" : "bridge",
         "name" : "bridge"
      }
   ],
   "network_mode" : "bridge",
   "port_bindings" : [
      {
         "container_port" : 8080,
         "host_port" : 8080,
         "type" : "tcp"
      }
   ],
   "privileged" : true,
   "shortcut" : {
      "enable_shortcut" : false,
      "enable_status_page" : false,
      "enable_web_page" : false,
      "web_page_url" : ""
   },
   "use_host_network" : false,
   "volume_bindings" : [
      {
         "host_volume_file" : "/docker/otmonitor/otmonitor.conf",
         "mount_point" : "/data/otmonitor.conf",
         "type" : "rw"
      }
   ]
}

Attachments

• settings syno.jpg
    settings syno.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.