DS920+, DS918+, DS214+, DS211j
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi!

Just tried to update one of my containers on DSM 7.2, Container Manager. However, it does nothing. To be honest, I've tried to manually open the appropriate hub in a browser to no avail either.

Can you reach the URL that should show all tags? Docker
1700590314325.png

1700590344401.png

OK, seems that the subdomain is down/not reachable. Unfortunately, I connot change this URL in Portainer nor in DSM. So we will have to wait...

Interesting. If the repository name (the part before the tag) is not prefixed with a registry, by default it will be prefixed with docker.io/ in docker (cli/daemon).

I actually never bothered to look which registry fqdn needs to be used in clients. Though, it looks like this url is only used by management ui's to perform searches on the docker hub api. Docker itself does not work with URLs.

It could be worth trying, if https://index.docker.io works as an alternative URL.

In my case I'm using portainer to update the Unifi container. That means I'm using the button Recreate and the option to pull the latest version from the repository.
After a while, this attempt ist cancelled with server error 500.

So, as @fredbert pointed out, I solution would be to change the appropriate URL of the container image. However, I do not know of any way, without reinstalling the container from scratch, probably loosing all setting if I would make any mistake when setting up the new container's properties like paths and ports.

Those are two different layers:
  • one is the management ui to perform actions on the api.
  • the other is the registry as part of the image name

While the 2nd can definitely not be changed without deleting and re-creating an image, the first is just a configuration on the api. It really depends on how the tool work under the hood, but an error for registry.hub.docker.com is not influenced by a repository name as part of the image.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.