NAS
DS1621+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
DS1621+ running DSM7
Docker Image: ekho/uTorrent

For some reason this docker image can only see the folders within its docker folder /docker/utorrent. It cannot access folders outside of that folder. I have verified this by going into the docker tab, terminal, creating a bash and typing "ls -l" which doesnt list the other folders that I included in the volumes tab.

The same user account that created the shared folders is the same account that created the docker. It is part of the admin group.

As far as I can tell, the correct PGID and PUID have been added to the enviroment variables (100, 1026)

I have other docker images and they see the shared folders I have created, I also verified this with the bash command "ls -l"

I am sure that I am just missing something that is just insanely obvious to probably everyone else, but I just dont have the sight to see it. I have been at this for a shameful amount of time already. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Guessing you are using the Synology Docker UI? If so, what do your volume mappings look like? Have you made any?

I can see examples here that point to custom random folders that you would want to use regarding downloads or temp locations for example

Code:
docker run                                            \
    --name utorrent                                   \
    -v /path/to/data/dir:/data                        \
    -v /path/to/data/dir2:/abs-path-dir               \
    -e dir_autoload_delete=true                       \
    -e dir_download=subdir1,/abs-path-dir             \
    -p 8080:8080                                      \
    -p 6881:6881                                      \
    -p 6881:6881/udp                                  \
    ekho/utorrent:<tag>

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have made mappings and I am using the synology docker UI. I am sorry I should have said that.

Right now my mappings look like this:

Downloads : /Downloads​
Torrent_Downloads : /torrents​
docker/utorrent/config/data : /data​
TV_Shows : /TV_Shows​
docker/utorrent/config : /config​
Downloads, Torrent_Downloads and TV_Shows are shared folders I created under the same user account and those are the folders that utorrent cannot see. When I am in the utorrent webui, and select the download destination to be one of those folders (like /Downloads as an example) after I hit save, it will revert back to /data.

So I am not even sure how I would diagnose this? Permissions issue? Something I need to add to the enviroment tab?

So I am not even sure how I would diagnose this?
Use the Terminal tab inside the Container settings. Create a bash command line and bash into the container. Check if you can ls those folders and if you can see any content inside them (if any exists on the NAS level at all)

No, everything I have set in the volumes tab of the synology docker ui is not availble when I hit "ls" in the terminal tab.

And like you said, nothing on the nas level at all.

Code:
root@utorrent:/utorrent# ls                                                     
autoload  data  docs  settings  temp  torrents  utserver  utserver.conf  webui 
root@utorrent:/utorrent# ls -l                                                 
total 1448                                                                     
drwxr-xr-x 1 utorrent  1001       0 Apr 22  2021 autoload                       
drwxr-xr-x 1 utorrent users       0 Apr 22  2021 data                           
drwxrwxr-x 1 utorrent users     352 Jan 15  2014 docs                           
drwxr-xr-x 1 utorrent users     242 Apr  8 07:33 settings                       
drwxr-xr-x 1 utorrent  1001       0 Apr  8 07:28 temp                           
drwxr-xr-x 1 utorrent users       0 Apr 22  2021 torrents                       
-r-xr-xr-x 1 utorrent users 1450176 Jan 15  2014 utserver                       
-rw-r--r-- 1 utorrent users   25930 Apr  8 07:26 utserver.conf                 
drwxr-xr-x 1 utorrent users      22 Apr 22  2021 webui                         
root@utorrent:/utorrent#

Aha, I have just reviewed the documentation. So for custom volumes, you will need to enter environment variables as well (for each) in order for them to be detected

Code:
docker run                                            \
    --name utorrent                                   \
    -v /path/to/data/dir:/data                        \
    -v /path/to/data/dir2:/abs-path-dir               \
    -e dir_autoload_delete=true                       \
    -e dir_download=subdir1,/abs-path-dir             \

so if you have a volume under a name of abs-path-dir you will need to have a variable called dir_download with the exact path to your local absolute path.

You can add more directories under that same variable just separate them with a comma character.

Thank you very much for all the help, I truly appreciate it.

So if I understand you correctly I need to add a variable with the absolute path. My shared folder is I assume on the root of my main volume because it's just /Torrent_Downloads

So does that mean I add in the environment variables:
dir_download : /Torrent_Downloads

OR would it be /volumes/Torrent_Downloads

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back