NAS
DS920+, DS918+, DS214+, DS211j
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Anybody knows how to restart docker from shell? Not the containers but the package itself.

And next question: anybody knows where I can find daemon.json that is loaded by the docker package or when not existing already where I've to create this file for docker?

I was looking exactly the same but "synoservice" doesn't look to be command that exist on my Synology .. Am I missing something there?

I was looking exactly the same but "synoservice" doesn't look to be command that exist on my Synology .. Am I missing something there?
If you are on dsm7 command is different. Examples:

Code:
usage: synopkgctl <command> [...]

command:
    enable <package>
    disable <package>
    setup <package>
    start <package>
    stop <package>
    teardown <package>
    check-startable <package>

systemctl restart pkgctl-WebStation
systemctl restart nginx

synopkgctl stop Docker stopped working for me months ago (around DSM 7.1 maybe?), instead I get this error:

Code:
Failed to load info [0x0000 (null):0]

I'm not sure it should list docker, put I noticed that synopkg list --name doesn't include docker in the results, even though Docker is definitely running on my DS920+

It was convenient to be able to restart the entire docker daemon as I have a couple containers that sometimes turn into unresponsive but unkillable zombies.

Last edited:
Try sudo systemctl restart pkg-Docker-dockerd

Update: with Container Manager it is sudo systemctl restart pkg-ContainerManager-dockerd

If the service should ever change its name, this command should help to identify the new name: systemctl list-units --type=service --all | grep -i docker

It was convenient to be able to restart the entire docker daemon as I have a couple containers that sometimes turn into unresponsive but unkillable zombies.
You should fix the images maintained by you, and raise an issue in the github repository for images of other maintainers.

See Dockerfile reference for differences between the shell form and exec form.
The shell form implicitly wraps the command with /bin/sh or /bin/bash. Some image maintainers explicitly use sh or bash in their ENTRYPOINT and/or CMD, or use the exec form to run a shell script, but don't hand over pid1 to the main process. As a result the SIGTERM signal does not reach the main process, and it can not be gracefully stopped. Some processes require a different signal for termination - it should be described in the documentation of the application/service.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.