docker run command line options from gui

Currently reading
docker run command line options from gui

Last edited:
so running one docker container - it runs find - but it can't access external shares, because it's running as user id 1000. It has an environment variable you can set - NB_UID = the uid - but the document says "for this option to take effect, you must run the container with --user root". Alternatively - you can run the container with "--user blah --group-add users"- which is even better.

But I'm doing all my management of docker through the gui - I can set environment variables, change the command - but I can't see any way to add actual docker command line parameters.

Is it possible?
Is there some other way of doing what I want ot do?
-- post merged: --

I just created the docker container from the command line, and it works - but it seesms strange I need to ssh in?

so running one docker container - it runs find - but it can't access external shares, because it's running as user id 1000. It has an environment variable you can set - NB_UID = the uid - but the document says "for this option to take effect, you must run the container with --user root". Alternatively - you can run the container with "--user blah --group-add users"- which is even better.

But I'm doing all my management of docker through the gui - I can set environment variables, change the command - but I can't see any way to add actual docker command line parameters.

Is it possible?
Is there some other way of doing what I want ot do?
-- post merged: --

I just created the docker container from the command line, and it works - but it seesms strange I need to ssh in?
It's not strange. Docker UI from Synology has no support for a lot of default elements that you can do via CLI, as Docker is actually a CLI platform. Look into running your containers via docker-compose using Portainer (web UI) if you want a UI element with support for 100% docker commands.

Setting up Portainer - Portainer - Docker container managment made easy
Running docker-compose with Portainer - Portainer 2.6 - using STACKS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.