DS1819+ DS1817+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Hi.

I installed Docker and noticed that the shared folder "docker" (automatically created during Docker installation) has default "Read Only" as Group Permissions for all users (!= admin).

Capture_0.png

Other shared folders don't have any Group Permissions (!= admin).

Capture_1.png

Code:
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 root       root            28 Jun 19 19:33 docker
drwx--x--x  1 root       root           160 Jun 30 15:39 @docker
d---------+ 1 root       root            28 Mar 25 17:40 Temp

Where is the default "Read Only" group permission defined for folder "docker"?
Where can I change the group permission for this folder (inside DSM)?

Last edited:
If you check one of these boxes, you change effective permissions for that particular user only. You don't change the group permission (the column Group Permissions).

I believe you have to use chmod.
Code:
chmod 005 (------r-x) -> Read Only
chmod 004 (------r--) -> Customize
chmod 002 (-------w-) -> Customize
chmod 001 (--------x) -> -
chmod 000 (---------) -> -

So basically o=rx generates the Read Only entry inside the Group Permissions column. Docker (app) created its docker folder is such, which I believe is potentially not desired since other users see that you installed.

I changed my docker folder permissions now to chmod 000 docker.

... later ...

Above doesn't work !!!

My container doesn't start anymore.
The error message is:
"Start container transmission failed: {"message":"failed to initialize logging driver: database is locked"}

It's related to the permissions I changed via command line (000).

What is strange is, that even if I revert back to previous permissions in command line (755) and then in DSM (Shared Folders), I don't get it back. Docker keeps on throwing this error. So I'm sure there is a permission I missed to change, but I've no clue what this could be.

I had to reinstall Docker (app) so it could create docker (folder) by itself to get it up and working again.

Any ideas which permissions Docker (app) might be looking at which I don't see in command line or DSM?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.