Does Active Backup for Business have file search?

Currently reading
Does Active Backup for Business have file search?

NAS
Synology DS 920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
The last episode of "NAS Noob", I had purchased DS 220+, quickly realized that my decision lacked vision, and would not allow me to expand storage according to future plans, so I returned and purchased 920+. Life has been busy so only now getting familiar with the new 920+. I didn't spend much time with the 220+ only enough to do a couple of backups of my primary PC using Active Backup for Business.

Install and setup of the 920+ with DSM7 seemed easy enough, the two 4T drives were recognized as Synology backups drives and were not erased during 920+DSM7 install/setup, all seems to work properly. However, I need to find a critical file, without going into lengthy detail, my questions are:

How do I search Active Backup for Business for a specific file? So far it seems I have to know that file name and location then go directly to it. Is there a file search for AB4B?

Can I do a restore on a single file from AB4B backup or (I can only do folder or drive restore)?
I know I can download that file individually.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.