Does anyone know if the kernel bug is already fixed in DSM 7.0 beta?

Currently reading
Does anyone know if the kernel bug is already fixed in DSM 7.0 beta?

NAS
DS920+, DS916+, DS211j
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
Does anyone know if the kernel bug is already fixed in DSM 7.0 beta? (referring see link)

My startup problems with Docker Containers is getting worse. I am now suffering daily, that my containers don't want to start up because of the kernel bug. I now have to restart Docker every morning to get the containers working again.

If anyone can suggest a solution or has any tips I would love to hear them.

Here also every nearly every container is working fine except Bitwarden crashes sometimes and really strange thing is that I also get a "run out of memory" fault. For the rest no problem.

So I guess I have two options to solve my kernel problem on DSM 6.2.3
Option 1: install DSM Beta 7.0 with Docker on VMM and move all my running containers to it.
Option 2: install linux Debian with Docker on VMM and move all my running containers to it.

What would you guys recommend?

Out of these two, option2, especially if its your single nas. No reason to push DSM7
Option2, that was actually my first choice as well. The advantage over Docker on Beta DSM 7.0 is that you always have the latest Docker version and you don't have to deal with the restrictions in Docker that Synology imposes.

I have now ported all my most important containers to Docker-CE on VM Debain. Everything is working properly and I have not encountered any startup problems yet.

One more question:
What is the best way to update containers?
1. Through portainter and then choose recreate container?

Screen_Shot.png

2. Or Duplicate/Edit container?

Screen_Shot 1.png

3. Another option is via terminal/CLi?

Which option is the best to use in my case?

What is the best way to update containers?
Well, it actually depends on the container. From my experience, I use Portainer a lot and have no problem using the recreate option. On the other hand, there are certain apps that require that kind of container creation and then on top of that, an update via the apps UI.

Duplicate/Edit is just that, in case I want to fork another container from an existing one with almost all the settings the same apart from the ones that need to be changed.

Usi CLI is ofc also an option. Guess you will have to find what fits you best.

Well, it actually depends on the container. From my experience, I use Portainer a lot and have no problem using the recreate option. On the other hand, there are certain apps that require that kind of container creation and then on top of that, an update via the apps UI.

Duplicate/Edit is just that, in case I want to fork another container from an existing one with almost all the settings the same apart from the ones that need to be changed.

Usi CLI is ofc also an option. Guess you will have to find what fits you best.
Thanks for your input!
I'll give these options a try and see whats fits best for me and the container in question. Guess that is the best practice, but it's always good to verify first;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.