Does D4ES01-4G memory work with the DS2419+ ?

Currently reading
Does D4ES01-4G memory work with the DS2419+ ?

NAS
DS2419+
I'm just looking to verify that this memory will work in the nas listed.

I see that the support page lists only the 16gb as a recommended option, however as it comes with 4gb, and I do not plan on using the nas for more than storage, I think 4gb and the stock behaviour will suffice.

As such, I only wish to upgrade the ram to ECC memory for data integrity and do not need the extra ram capacity. On paper it looks to be fully compatible but I would like to know that it can be done successfully before purchasing.

Given that, my question is: Is D4ES01-4G ram compatible with the DS2419+?

Last edited:
This module seems to be advertised as 100% compatible.

Doesn't ship here, I have found alternatives like this though (Even though its slower than the recommended 2666, but faster than the stock 2133), but I just wanted some more confidence from someone with experience that there wouldn't be any problem using non synology ram.

Of course having built computers I should probably be more confident that it should work, but then Synology doesn't have drivers for many nics and likes to go proprietary. There's also the fact they say they don't support ram outside of synology recommended ram

I decided to buy the ram I linked. The reviews say it was compatible with the 1819+ which is very similar to my NAS but with less bays, so I figure with the same architecture it hopefully should be ok. I do wish I knew of a way to test it though.

I also noticed that the cpu used doesn't even use memory at a faster speed than 2133 according to ark so the speed really shouldn't be an issue.

I will update this post with my experiences

Last edited:
Just updating to say that the ram I bought appears to work.

I haven't ran a memory test, or done any extensive testing to ensure its running in ECC mode, but I guess I'll update further if I run into any problems with this ram.

For future people: This is I assume what someone might be interested in.

I used sudo dmidecode -t memory to see what I presume to be the state of the memory.

Code:
Physical Memory Array
        Use: System Memory
        Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC
        Maximum Capacity: 32 GB
        Error Information Handle: No Error
        Number Of Devices: 2

Handle 0x0015, DMI type 17, 40 bytes
Memory Device
        Array Handle: 0x0014
        Total Width: 72 bits
        Data Width: 64 bits
        Size: 16384 MB
        Form Factor: SODIMM
        Set: None
        Locator: DIMM0
        Bank Locator: BANK 1
        Type: DDR4
        Type Detail: Synchronous
        Speed: 2400 MT/s
        Manufacturer: Kingston
        Asset Tag: 01
        Part Number: 9965657-011.A00G
        Configured Memory Speed: 2133 MT/s
        Minimum Voltage: 1.2 V
        Maximum Voltage: 1.2 V
        Configured Voltage: 1.2 V

From what I briefly managed to gather, the wider total width from the data width means everything is good? This also I think, confirms to me that the speed is ok and matches what ark says.

If I'm feeling particularly adventurous Ill compare both the original memory to the new memory, but I think that's unlikely as I think I'm happy with this and a memory test.

Last edited:
Ok, so last post probably. I went back to my original ram just to compare to verify what I was assuming

Here's the same thing as above for the original Synology Non ECC 4GB that was included:

Code:
Physical Memory Array
        Use: System Memory
        Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC
        Maximum Capacity: 32 GB
        Number Of Devices: 2

Handle 0x0015, DMI type 17, 40 bytes
Memory Device
        Array Handle: 0x0014
        Total Width: 64 bits
        Data Width: 64 bits
        Size: 4096 MB
        Form Factor: SODIMM
        Set: None
        Locator: DIMM0
        Bank Locator: BANK 1
        Type: DDR4
        Type Detail: Synchronous
        Speed: 2666 MT/s
        Manufacturer: 08F7
        Asset Tag: 01
        Part Number: D4SS12161SH26A-C
        Configured Memory Speed: 2133 MT/s
        Minimum Voltage: 1.2 V
        Maximum Voltage: 1.2 V
        Configured Voltage: 1.2 V

Also of note. I tested both using the Synology Assistant Memory Test and I think both passed as there were no errors shown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.