DSM 7.0 Does DSM7 NAS work with DSM6.2 NAS?

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Does DSM7 NAS work with DSM6.2 NAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
I'm considering running 7-beta on my backup NAS (now at v6.2.3). Presently the backup NAS runs Hyper Backup Vault and is also the client for Shared Folder Sync from my primary NAS.

So, some questions for those running both versions...

Does Hyper Backup on v6.2.3 play well with the v7 compatible Hyper Backup Vault?

Does Shared folder sync run from v6.2.3 work as expected syncing to a DSM7-beta machine?

Thank you.

Hi @Telos,

Did you get or discover an answer for this?

I am minded to try the beta on my RS217 which only hosts backups, so no RAID or anything (ext4 only - individual HDDs). So aside from the Hyper Backup Vault it is as basic as it gets but I'd like the Hyper Backup to work cross-versions.

Not really sure how I missed this topic but ok.

HB DSM6 > DSM 7 works fine. DSM 7 Vault can view and extract data from the backup without any problems

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 15.14.34.png

Does Shared folder sync run from v6.2.3 work as expected syncing to a DSM7-beta machine?
This also works fine

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 15.15.44.png

Status
Not open for further replies.