Does Syn. Drive synchronize extended attributes (like macOS Finder tags) like Cloud Station did?

Currently reading
Does Syn. Drive synchronize extended attributes (like macOS Finder tags) like Cloud Station did?

NAS
DS1515+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. macOS
I am currently on DSM 6.2 and I use the Cloud Station suite for synchronising files across multiple computers.
One feature that is absolutely indispensable for me is the synchronisation of macOS Finder tags.
If I tag a file on my laptop, I want this tag to be transmitted to my Synology, and also to other computers that are synced to it.
This works great on my current setup.

I'm would like to DSM 7.0, but will only do so if the new Synology Drive suite properly supports the synchronisation of macOS Finder tags.

Does anyone have experience with this? Or does anyone care to run a quick test to verify this?

I am currently on DSM 6.2 and I use the Cloud Station suite for synchronising files across multiple computers.
One feature that is absolutely indispensable for me is the synchronisation of macOS Finder tags.
If I tag a file on my laptop, I want this tag to be transmitted to my Synology, and also to other computers that are synced to it.
This works great on my current setup.

I'm would like to DSM 7.0, but will only do so if the new Synology Drive suite properly supports the synchronisation of macOS Finder tags.

Does anyone have experience with this? Or does anyone care to run a quick test to verify this?

For anyone else interested in this, Synology Drive on DSM 7.0 does fully support macOS Finder tags. Meaning that if you tag a file that resides in a folder that's synced via Drive, the tag gets transmitted to the Synology server as well. Other clients syncing that folder will also see the tags on their device.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.