Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Good afternoon.

Sorry if the thread already exist. I couldn't find something similar.

My ultimate goal is to use my "exempledomain.com" on my DS920+.

The NAS is connected onto a RT2600ac. My exempledomain.com is through OVH and I already DNS-ed the domain to point towards my ISP IP address. Right now when I type exempledomain.com, it goes onto the SRM of the RT2600ac.

- How should I parameter the Syno router so that when I type exempledomain.com, it goes into the DSM on my NAS ?
- How should I then parameter MX and A DNS records to have MailPlus Server working with [email protected] ?

Thank you lots for your help

Art.

Reverse proxy will solve the problem of getting to your nas using a custom name but also with a port forward towards a specific port on your NAS (as opposed to your router). So just configure a port forward towards a service/port on your nas.

Reverse proxy can kick in later on if you have multiple services that you want access to.

Have you configured your email records on your dns provider side?

Reverse proxy will solve the problem of getting to your nas using a custom name but also with a port forward towards a specific port on your NAS (as opposed to your router). So just configure a port forward towards a service/port on your nas.

Reverse proxy can kick in later on if you have multiple services that you want access to.

Have you configured your email records on your dns provider side?
Thanks for your answer. I already have these ports opened (see picture) but it doesn't change anything. How do I set up Reverse Proxy on SRM ?

I have not configured MX yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 14.18.56.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 14.18.56.png
    201 KB · Views: 125
I don't have UPnP firewall policies enabled on the SRM router so I can't say for certain, but ... It looks like you have UPnP enabled in Network Center / Local Network / General:
1625607416398.png

Which allows any LAN device to configure you perimeter security to enable them to behave as they see fit. While this makes things easy for you it also allows compromised and poorly implemented devices to remove protection by opening holes in the firewall policy. You really should only open the access that you want, and to do this you can start by disabling UPnP and manually configure the firewall and port forwarding.

If you are running the HTTPS web server on the NAS then it will likely be using TCP port 443. Assuming 192.168.1.8 is your NAS and you want this to be accessible from the Internet then on the RT2600ac in Network Center:
  • Add a rule in Port Forwarding to forward connections to the router's WAN interface on to the NAS:
    • Private IP address: 192.168.1.8
    • Public port: 443
    • Private port: 443
    • Protocol: TCP
  • In Security / Firewall there should be a corresponding new rule (greyed) to allow access to the NAS. The firewall policy is applied after the forwarding, but you need both rules for this to work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.