Double-check on DS1515+ DX513 compatibility latest DSM (7.1) version

Currently reading
Double-check on DS1515+ DX513 compatibility latest DSM (7.1) version

NAS
Synology DS1515+ & DX513 Exp
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi Folks.

Newbie here to the SynoForum. Had a quick browse around the forums - but with the experience of the cohort here I wanted to double/triple check my hardware compatibility with the latest DSM version from Synology. I have only ever auto-updated my NAS, but the latest OS versions apparently need manual updates if I want to proceed.

Current version: DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 5
HW: DS1515+ with DX513 Expansion Unit.

I read (and the Synology official site) suggests the DS1515+ is compatible (manual updates x2 stages) with the latest (and 7.1 will be last ?see below? version for this hardware):

Current: 6.2.4-25556

<manual downloads/updates>

1st patch

7.0.1-42218

2nd patch

7.1-42661

Couldn't see anything re: the DX513 - but as it is a linked device back to the DS1515+ I assume it will work with whatever base unit DiskStation version is running (latest or not).

Can anyone here ease an anxious user over whether the latest DSM 7.1 is OK to proceed with via the manual updates below (no major risks/issues). Why do they not offer it as an Auto upgrade when all the previous Up to 6X were auto?

Thanks in advance :)

Sheeds.

<Release note section>
For the following models, DSM 7.1 will be the last upgradable version
  • Plus Series: DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, RS2414RP+, RS2414+, RS814RP+, RS814+, DS214+, RS815RP+, RS815+, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+, DS415+, DS215+

Couldn't see anything re: the DX513 - but as it is a linked device back to the DS1515+ I assume it will work with whatever base unit DiskStation version is running (latest or not).
Correct

Can anyone here ease an anxious user over whether the latest DSM 7.1 is OK to proceed with via the manual updates below (no major risks/issues). Why do they not offer it as an Auto upgrade when all the previous Up to 6X were auto?
Yes you can (but make sure there are not apps/services atm that you use that might stop working with DSM7 in general), and DSM 7.x roll out will happen, atm it is going out in stages. So it will take weeks until it gets via auto-update stream.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.