Currently reading
Doubled up files

NAS
Synology DS723+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
To prevent Google holding me to ransom over the 15gb of space I was using on my Google Drive, I bought a 2-bay DiskStation. Now I've downloaded all my photos and videos to my laptop and, in order to back them up to my DiskStation, I moved them to my Synology Drive. It appears that I now have the original file plus a further 2 copies of that file, all taking up space on my laptop, when all I want is one on my laptop and one on my NAS. I'm worried that if I delete it from my Synology Drive, it'll get deleted elsewhere.

Is the Synology Drive simply a window to what's on my NAS, or is it something else?

To prevent Google holding me to ransom over the 15gb of space I was using on my Google Drive, I bought a 2-bay DiskStation. Now I've downloaded all my photos and videos to my laptop and, in order to back them up to my DiskStation, I moved them to my Synology Drive. It appears that I now have the original file plus a further 2 copies of that file, all taking up space on my laptop, when all I want is one on my laptop and one on my NAS. I'm worried that if I delete it from my Synology Drive, it'll get deleted elsewhere.

Is the Synology Drive simply a window to what's on my NAS, or is it something else?
As I type this I'm doing a Google take out of 70,000 photos, to copy to my DS 220J, I've done this before, as like you I have thousands of duplicates, I deleted a load manually through the new "stack" option in google photos that finds similar photos, but I will still have to use duplicate finding software on the PC (again) to weed out all the dups....good luck

Upvote 0
The Drive client icon should allow you to open up an interface with existing tasks and settings. There you should be able to see the configuration.
Thanks Rusty. Is that the Synology Drive Admin Console?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.