Dowloand station and Vpn no found.

Currently reading
Dowloand station and Vpn no found.

NAS
Ds918+ Xpenology
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi, I have two problems with the VPN.

1 ° With the vpn activated I download a torrent and it does not download me, I have to restart or disconnect and reconnect it to start.

2 ° With the vpn activated plex does not find covers, I disconnect the vpn and it finds them.

Thanks so much for any help

Hi, I have two problems with the VPN.

1 ° With the vpn activated I download a torrent and it does not download me, I have to restart or disconnect and reconnect it to start.

2 ° With the vpn activated plex does not find covers, I disconnect the vpn and it finds them.

Thanks so much for any help
This is a scenario where your NAS is a VPN client towards a public VPN provider? Like ExpressVPN or something like that?

If so that makes sense as most VPN providers do not port forward custom ports that most other apps use. So once you activate a vpn no outside traffic to any other services will work.

You will either have to separate the VPN role to a separate device and not on your NAS bare metal level, or you will have to configure multiple gateways on the nas to allow for this scenario.

Start by activating multiple gateway options in your advanced settings (button) section inside Control Panel > Network section. See if that will help to have access to your services while still running a VPN tunnel.

Thank you very much but I already have several gateways.

Right now I see the server, I see plex from outside my network. The only thing are those two things that do not work for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.