Download Station stopped watching watched folder

Currently reading
Download Station stopped watching watched folder

NAS
DS212J, DS214play, DS216, DS216play, DS414, DS918+, RS212, RS816, RS819, DS223, DS920+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Has anyone else experienced Download Station stopping monitoring the watched folder for torrents following "upgrading" to DSM 7.1?
Specifically - if I place new .torrent files in my watched folder (selected via Settings/Location in Download Station), Download Station doesn't notice that I've done so. BUT if I uncheck "Load torrent/NZB files..", and save my changes, and re-check it, and save my changes, it immediately notices and processes them.

So "Watching" seems to work, but goes to sleep and stops working. Anyone else seeing this?

I solved the issue for me, and I wonder if my solution will work for you; I'm not sure WHY it worked.
I created a new top level Shared Folder (using Control Panel/Shared Folders), and put the .torrent files in there, and set Download Station to look there. It's been fine since then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.