Download Station subfolder disabling

NAS
DS720+
Operating system
  1. Linux
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello,

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.
I currently host a Plex server with friends and family. When I download anything, I like things to be nice and tidy in the backend file system etc, so I have to wait for the download to finish, go to the file, and move it out of the subfolder that it is kept in.

I know this isn't a large thing to maon about and only takes me seconds to do, but I know that other torrent clients are able to do this. There is obviously the auto extract feature, but this only applies to compressed archives when I am not looking for this.

Any help would be great.

Indeed, yes.
So when downloads are complete, it creates a folder of which the actual files are stored in.
Is there a way to remove this folder and just download contents directly to the destination?

Indeed, yes.
So when downloads are complete, it creates a folder of which the actual files are stored in.
Is there a way to remove this folder and just download contents directly to the destination?
It's been a lifetime since I last use DS, but I will go out on a limb and say no. Don't think you can configure anything other than the DS's download folder. The Transmission in general can do it but the one that is under the hood not so much. Somewhat limiting by design.

Ofc I could be wrong, but considering that you are running 720+ you might look into a "better" client running over Docker (something like Deluge, Qbit, or any other pretty much) that will offer that scenario.

I have tried installing qbittorrent etc with Docker and unfortunately they also do not offer the option to do this, on Windows this is an option, which may be where you are referencing that from. I will have a look at installing Radarr or Sonarr. I have heard them mentioned before but never actually thought to try them. Maybe this will.

No. I don't use Windows. This is on the DiskStation. Transmission paired with Radarr/Sonarr/Prowlarr, will do that. It will even seed until the set value is reached then remove the dloaded files (of course by that time the *rrs would've already done their thing and copied the files to the destination, in your case the Plex media folder).

I'm using the Syno community Transmission (natively, while the *rrs are in Docker containers), but you can try qbit or deluge (with the *rrs that is).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.