Downloading from Mega.nz directly on my NAS?

Currently reading
Downloading from Mega.nz directly on my NAS?

NAS
DS1817+ 8GB
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hey everyone, first of all. Happy new year!

I have a DS1817+ 8GB and I use Download Station frequently to download files from some sources.
Now, I have a paid membership to Mega.nz and I would like to know a way to download / synch my mega folders directly with my NAS. There is no package available.
And the only thing I can find is using the Terminal of some sorts (I am not familiar with that program).

Any help is highly appriciated.

:)

While MEGA was still under KimDot, I was waiting for the integration but nothing came to light apart some custom scripts wow ssh. Since I don’t use it no more I didn’t follow up on it but as far as I know there is still no support for it unless there is something inside CloudSync server package.

@Rusty Hey! Thank you for your fast reply. That is quite unfortunate I was hoping there was a way, or work-around. I have tried to use CloudSync but no luck. Or I am doing it wrong :)

Thank you anyway!

Last edited:
I doubt there is anything with a fency ui. Though, there is the inofficial command line client 'megatools'.

You can download, extract and move the executable to /usr/local/bin like this:
Bash:
# create temp folder
mkdir -p /tmp/megatools
# download archive
wget 'https://megatools.megous.com/builds/experimental/megatools-1.11.0-git-20180930-linux-x86_64.tar.gz' -O  /tmp/megatools.tar.gz
# extract archive into temp folder
tar xzf /tmp/megatools.tar.gz  --strip-components=1 -C /tmp/megatools
# add executable flag
sudo chmod +x /tmp/megatools/megatools
# move binary into /usr/local/bin
sudo mv /tmp/megatools/megatools /usr/local/bin/megatools
# remove temp folder
rm -rf /tmp/megatools

And perform downloads with this command:
Bash:
megatools dl --path /path/to/target 'https://mega.nz/#!xxxxxxxx!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

I did find it helpfull to query the sharename and use it inside the download path.
Bash:
SHARE_NAME=downloads
SHARE_PATH=$(synoshare --get $SHARE_NAME | grep -oE '/volume\w*/\w*')
megatools dl --path ${SHARE_PATH}/ 'https://mega.nz/#!xxxxxxxx!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

You will get following error message, even though the download will succeed:
dynamic loading not supported
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
Dynamic loading not supported
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
Dynamic loading not supported
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so

You could create a simple bash script, where you just pass the mega.nz token as parameter. Still it is a PITA having to access the shell to query downloads...

Update: Never mind, the spk repos container a precompiled command line tool: MEGAcmd - Zusatzpakete | Synology Inc.. Which seem to be able to sync folders and what not. UserGuide: meganz/MEGAcmd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.