Currently reading
Drive 3.0 client download?

NAS
Synology DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I just noticed the Drive 3.0 beta in the Package Center. It says that it requires the Drive 3.0 clients to be used. I am a bit cautious: I would need the clients for iOS, macOS, and Windows 10. Are they already available, even in beta, and if so, where?

It's beta so unless you really need to test on a production system then I wouldn't. Having said that...

I've installed Drive 3 beta on my DS218+, since I don't actively use Drive on this NAS. GUI-wise there're a few differences mostly in the summary and settings tabs. Have connected to it using an old iPhone running Drive client 2.3.0 and it worked, i.e. connected and can browse the folders. Haven't connected a Mac.

For the desktop clients, they are addressed in the release notes:
  • Once you have updated Synology Drive Server to the latest beta version on your Synology NAS, you can install the beta version of Synology Drive Client from Synology Drive web portal.
  • Alternatively, click one of the following download links to start downloading directly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.