Question Drive and an encrypted Homes folder?

Currently reading
Question Drive and an encrypted Homes folder?

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS920+ : DS118 : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
I read somewhere that there might be conflicts (even corruptions) when starting up as the Homes folder (being encrypted) is not mounted while the Drive package is starting up.

Any input is appreciated.

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS920+ : DS118 : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
I’ve raised a support ticket and asked:

I’ve started using Drive recently and I like it. However, I have the Homes folder encrypted and the folder is not mounted automatically when I restart (I want it that way for security).

I’ve read that this may cause corruption to the Drive folder? Is this true?
Is it safe to continue with having the Homes folder encrypted while using Drive?

Reply:

I’ve read that this may cause corruption to the Drive folder? Is this true?
- Not really, but it will uses more resource to sync an encrypted shared folder.

Is it safe to continue with having the Homes folder encrypted while using Drive?
- Yes, you can keep using it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.